HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
112 Posts in 44 Topics by 39 Members
Latest Member: myspace
+  Syskay Systems Forum
|-+  Syskay Systems Sales and Support
| |-+  Sales and Support Questions
| | |-+  Error on trying to input data into mysql database
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Error on trying to input data into mysql database  (Read 24948 times)
yomi

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2007, 12:46:56 AM »

I got a web service from you guys some time ago, and I need vistors to my site submit some info which is to be stored in mysql database on the site, but I keep getting this error "Method Not Allowed
The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL". Is it that the service you offer does not support the post method?
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:28:16 PM »

What's your website address? What application are you using to interact with the database?
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »

My website is www.digxi.com and am using php
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »

I advise that you install a ready-made PHP/MYSQL application to do this for you. You are most likely going to run into hitches by trying to build yours from scratch.
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 07:16:04 AM »

Do you have an example of such application?
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 07:51:40 AM »

I just used my codes on free web hosting site and it worked. I think the problem is from your side. I also check my php info on my site and there was no support for post method. All there is, is the get method which is not appropriate for this kind of thing. The free web hosting site I used is x10hosting.com. Pls do something about this.
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »

Their is no problem on our side, if there was, this forum will not function since it runs on PHP/MYSQL as well. The reason for this is very simple. Your script was most likely written to work with PHP 5 and the host you mentioned runs PHP 5 on their server by default.

This server has both PHP 4 and PHP 5 installed. By default the server will use PHP 4 to process PHP pages. You can easily configure your account to use PHP 5 by adding a line to the apache .htaccess file for your account.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

I must however state that using PHP 5 for the simply task you want is an overkill. PHP 4 can handle it easily, that is why i recommended a ready-made (PHP 4) script.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 03:28:33 PM by admin » Logged
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 11:27:46 PM »

Thanks for the information, but how do i do this? I mean how is php 4 scripting different from php 5? I ready do not know much about php scripting both i need to get some information stored on my database. Then why do you say you advice me to use php 4 and not php 5? 
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »

If you want to use your existing script, just add the line of code i gave you to your htaccess file. On the other hand, you can elaborate about what you want so i can recommend a script for you.
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 12:29:10 AM »

I tried your suggestion, i.e tried adding AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php to the Handler space and .php5 to the extension(s) space, I tried it, it didnot work. I deleted and tried application/x-httpd-php5 and .php5 as extension and it also didnt work.
How should I add this handler?
yomi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 12:40:02 AM »

What I want to do is to have a form on my webpage where visitors can fill their names, addresses, emails etc and submit these information and the information would be passed into my website database, and where i can retrieve these information and subsequently down load it into my database on my computer.
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 08:08:54 PM »

Why not try phpFormGenerator. You can install in minutes using Fantastico. It is one of the free scripts that comes with fantastico, and it is available in your cpanel.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: