HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:07:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search

News

Stats
112 Posts in 44 Topics by 39 Members
Latest Member: myspace
+  Syskay Systems Forum
|-+  Syskay Systems Sales and Support
| |-+  Sales and Support Questions
| | |-+  Using FTP to upload your site
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Using FTP to upload your site  (Read 8639 times)
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: February 01, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »

Using FTP to upload your site

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It's an easy way to publish your website content to the server. There are many free or trial version FTP clients available. We use LeapFTP, but other popular FTP clients include WS_FTP and Cute FTP.

As each FTP client is different in the way it is configured, it's hard to include instructions here for every version of every FTP software. As such we have listed the basics, and recommend you contact the FTP client software provider for help using whichever client you are using. It is after all their product, and they will be happy to support it.

You may or may not need all this information below, and it may be labeled differently on your FTP software.

Site name: anything you like - something that identifies this connection
Hostname or address: this will be your domain name in this format: yourdomain.com.au (no www. or ftp.)
Username: as provided in your account settings email
Password: as provided in your account settings email
Directory or local path: can be left blank
Port: 21

Using FTP through Internet Explorer

This is a great feature within Internet Explorer and saves you buying a new FTP application when all you want to do is simple file uploading. The IE FTP system works similar to using Windows Explorer/My Computer.

First go into Windows Explorer and find the files you want to upload. Select them all and hit "Ctrl-C" to copy them.
Now open Internet Explorer and in the address bar, type ftp://your_ftp_username@yourdomain.com it will take a few seconds for it to connect then you will get a login box.
Enter your password in the password box (Your username should be in there already) and press "Ok".
Now it will load up your directories, you will need to double-click "httpdocs"
Remeber the files you copied before? Once you are in the folder you want to upload to, simply press "Ctrl-V" and they will start uploading.
You can use this FTP similar to Windows Explorer, meaning you can also copy files from your site to your computer, you can also delete files and change permissions.

To change permissions, simply right-click the file/directory and goto its properties
Change the check boxes at the bottom of the screen and click "Ok" when you are done.
subayod

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 04:31:08 PM »

I must commend you for the impeccable job being done on this website. You aer really an experienced and open-minded person as most people wont like to reveal these kinds of questions you are revealling without a charge.

I want to really go into web design and hosting. and i need ur training. I want you to contact me so i may know your address.

thanks
admin
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »

Thanks for the compliment. However, we do not offer any training program at the moment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: